by Dustin Smothers (@SmoHawk)
While many of us find it hard to agree on a lot when it comes to World Wrestling Entertainment, I believe there is one universal truth about the McMahon Empire. They know how to promote. If you look around the landscape of professional sports you will see a lot of Vince McMahon’s influence. From pyrotechnics and live musical performances, nearly all of it can be attributed to Vince McMahon.
One thing that WWE does better than anyone is put together a video package hyping up a match-up between two of their titans of the squared circle. Video packages can be used to remember a fallen legend, or hype a returning star. In this edition of The Pro Wrestling Mothership Top Ten we are looking at the top ten WWE video hype packages of all time. Let’s go!
10. Triple H Return – 2002 (“Beautiful Day” – U2)
9. The Miz – Wrestlemania XXVII (“Hate Me Now” – Nas)
8. Daniel Bryan v. Triple H – Wrestlemania XXX (“Monster” – Imagine Dragons)
7. The Rock v. Stone Cold Steve Austin – Wrestlemania X-Seven (“My Way” – Limp Bizkit)
6. WWF Desire (“Lonely Road of Faith” – Kid Rock)
5. CM Punk v. John Cena – Money in the Bank 2011
4. Randy Savage Tribute – RAW 5/23/11
(“The Scientist” – Coldplay)
3. CM Punk v. The Rock – Royal Rumble 2013 (“Champion” – Clement Marfo & the Frontline)
2. The Rock v. John Cena II – Wrestlemania 29 (“Letters from the Sky” – Civil Twilight)
1. The Undertaker v. Shawn Michaels – Wrestlemania XXVI (“Running Up That Hill” – Placebo)